I am so drawn to people and inspired by people who are so bold and courageous to be and express who they really are. In the world, it seems like we are often so discouraged to be ourselves and we often find ourselves hiding who we really are and trying to fit into some box. What I have found in my journey as a career/life coach is the most successful people I have worked with are the ones who are willing to step out, embrace who they are and share themselves with the world. I also find that the people who are the happiest with their lives and careers are the ones who really know who they are, what they love, and know what they want in their lives and their careers.
So how do you do this? How do you find out who you really are and share that with the world?
First – ask yourself some important questions:
1) Who am I?
2) What do I love to do and want to do?
3) What is important to me?
4) What makes me unique?
5) What am I excellent at doing?
6) What are my values?
7) What difference do I want to make in this world?
8) How do I want all areas of my life to look?
9) What kinds of people do I want to work with?
10) What type of company do I want to work for or what type of company do I want to build?
Second – Branding
1) Ask yourself – How do I share who I am with the world?
2) Get comfortable sharing you in all settings – networking, parties, interviewing, in line at the grocery store, etc.
3) Share your uniqueness on LinkedIn, your resume, your cover letters.
A few years ago, I decided it was time to share more of who I am. I had been given the nickname Tinkerangel. My friend said you are like a fairy who goes around and sprinkles happy dust on other people and then you are like an angel who wraps her wings around others to help guide and support others to live their passion, purpose and their dreams. I decided to be bold and courageous and embrace and share this part of who I am with the world – you can see more here Tinkerangel. And you know what – being me has been magnetic and it has helped me help others more. By being me inspires others to be them and share themselves with the world. I know that by being me and helping others be them –we are happier and through this we are helping this world be a better place :).
So I encourage you to find you, be you and share you with the world – I promise you that magic will happen :).
Feel free to email me at email@example.com and visit my website at www.careerswithwings.com.